The local education authority is responsible for deciding and administering the admissions policy for this school. Parents have a right to express a preference for the school they wish their child to attend. If a child lives in the catchment area for this school, he or she will have priority for a place. If there are more children living in the catchment area than there are places, the authority will allocate places on the basis of the following criteria; in order of priority. The same criteria will be used to allocate any vacancies remaining after all the catchment area children have been accommodated.
- Brother or sister at the school
- Brother or sister at the school on the same site [if applicable]
- Exceptional medical circumstances relating to the child
- Exceptional personal circumstances
- Ease of access to the school [measured by the nearest safe walking distance]
More detailed information on the Authority’s admission arrangements are contained in the booklet Information to Parents about Choosing a School available to download here. This is a large .pdf file and may not be visible of some platforms.